1. Deciding How much testing is enough should take into account: -
i) Level of Risk including Technical and Business product and project risk
ii) Project constraints such as time and budget
iii) Size of Testing Team
iv) Size of the Development Team
Correct Answer: - i, ii are true and iii, iv are false
2. Test planning has which of the following major tasks?
i) Determining the scope and risks, and identifying the objectives of testing.
ii) Determining the test approach (techniques, test items, coverage, identifying and interfacing the teams involved in testing, test ware)
iii) Reviewing the Test Basis (such as requirements, architecture, design, interface)
iv) Determining the exit criteria.
Correct Answer: - i,ii,iv are true and iii is false
3. Evaluating testability of the requirements and system are a part of which phase
Correct Answer: - Test Analysis and Design
4. One of the fields on a form contains a text box which accepts alphabets in lower or upper case. Identify the invalid Equivalence class value.
Correct Answer: - CLa01ss
5. In a system designed to work out the tax to be paid:
An employee has £4000 of salary tax-free. The next £1500 is taxed at 10% The next £28000 is taxed at 22% Any further amount is taxed at 40% Which of these groups of numbers would fall into the same equivalence class?
Coreect Answer: - £5800; £28000; £32000
6. Which of the following has the highest level of independence in which test cases are:
Correct Answer: - Designed by a person from a different organization
7.We use the output of the requirement analysis, the requirement specification as the input for writing: -
Correct Answer: - User Acceptance Test Cases
8. Validation involves which of the following
i) Helps to check the Quality of the Built Product
ii) Helps to check that we have built the right product.
iii) Helps in developing the product.
iv) Monitoring tool wastage and obsoleteness.
Correct Answer: - ii is true and i, iii, iv are false
9. Which of the following uses Impact Analysis most?
Correct Answer: - Maintenance testing
10. Repeated Testing of an already tested program, after modification, to discover any defects introduced or uncovered as a result of the changes in the software being tested or in another related or unrelated software component:
Correct Answer: - Regression Testing
11. Impact Analysis helps to decide: -
Correct Answer: - How much regression testing should be done.
12.Peer Reviews are also called as: -
Correct Answer: - Technical Review
13. Consider the following statements:
i) 100% statement coverage guarantees 100% branch coverage.
ii) 100% branch coverage guarantees 100% statement coverage.
iii) 100% branch coverage guarantees 100% decision coverage.
iv) 100% decision coverage guarantees 100% branch coverage.
v) 100% statement coverage guarantees 100% decision coverage.
Correct Answer: - ii, iii & iv are True; i & v are False
14. The Kick Off phase of a formal review includes the following: -
Correct Answer: - Explaining the objective
15. Match every stage of the software Development Lifecycle with the Testing Lifecycle:
i) Hi-level design a Unit test
ii) Code b Acceptance tests
iii) Low-level design c System tests
iv) Business requirements d Integration tests
Correct Answer: - iii, I, iv, ii
16. Which of the following is not the phase of the Fundamental Test Process?
Correct Answer: - Requirement Analysis
17. Which of the following techniques is NOT a black box technique?
Correct Answer: - LCSAJ (Linear Code Sequence and Jump)
18. Success Factors for a review include:
i) Each Review does not have a predefined objective.
ii) Defects found are welcomed and expressed objectively.
iii) Management supports a good review process.
iv) There is an emphasis on learning and process improvement.
Correct Answer: - ii, iii, iv are correct and i is incorrect
19. Defects discovered by static analysis tools include:
i) Variables that are never used.
ii) Security vulnerabilities.
iii) Programming Standard Violations
iv) Uncalled functions and procedures
Correct Answer:- i, ii, iii, iv is correct
20. Test Conditions are derived from: -
Correct Answer: - Specifications
21. Which of the following is true about White and Black Box Testing Technique: -
Correct Answer: - Equivalence partitioning, State Transition, Use Case Testing are black box Testing Techniques.
22. Regression testing should be performed:
i) every week
ii) after the software has changed
iii) as often as possible
iv) when the environment has changed
v) when the project manager says
Correct Answer: - ii & iv are true, i, iii & v are false
23. Benefits of Independent Testing
Correct Answer: - Independent testers see other and different defects and are unbiased.
24. Minimum Tests Required for Statement Coverage and Branch Coverage: -Read P Read Q
If p+q > 100 then
If p > 50 then
Correct Answer: - Statement coverage is 1 and branch coverage is 2
25. Minimum Test Required for Statement Coverage: -
Disc = 0
Order-qty = 0
If Order-qty >=20 then
Disc = 0.05
If Order-qty >=100 then
Correct Answer: -Statement coverage is 1
26. The structure of an incident report is covered in the Standard for Software Test Documentation IEEE 829 and is called as: -
Correct Answer: - Test Incident Report
27. Which of the following is the task of a Test Lead / Leader?
i) Interaction with the Test Tool Vendor to identify best ways to leverage test tool on the project.
ii) Write Test Summary Reports based on the information gathered during testing.
iii) Decide what should be automated, to what degree and how.
iv) Create the Test Specifications
Correct Answer: - i, ii, iii is true and iv is false
28. Features of White Box Testing Technique: -
i) We use explicit knowledge of the internal workings of the item being tested to select the test data.
ii) Uses specific knowledge of programming code to examine outputs and assumes that the tester knows the path of logic in a unit or a program.
iii) Checking for the performance of the application.
iv) Also checks for functionality.
Correct Answer: - i, ii are true and iii and iv are false
29.Which of the following is a part of Test Closure Activities?
i) Checking which planned deliverables has been delivered.
ii) Defect report analysis.
iii) Finalizing and archiving testware.
iv) Analysing lessons.
Correct Answer: - i, iii, iv are true and ii is false
30. Which of the following will be the best definition for Testing: -
Correct Answer: - Testing is executing Software for the purpose of finding defects.
31. Which of the following is not a type of incremental testing approach?
Correct Answer: - Big-bang
32.Drivers are also known as:
ii) Test harness
Correct Answer: - ii, iii are true and i is false
33. Exit Criteria may consist of: -
i) Thoroughness measures, such as coverage of code, functionality or risk.
ii) Estimates of Defect density or reliability measures.
iii) Residual risks such as defects not fixed or lack of test coverage in certain areas
iv) Verifying the Test Environment.
Correct Answer: - i, ii, iii is correct and iv is incorrect
34. Which of the following helps in monitoring the Test Progress: -
i) Percentage of Test Case Execution.
ii) Percentage of work done in test environment preparation.
iii) Defect Information e.g. defect density, defects found and fixed.
iv) The size of the testing Team and skills of the engineers
Correct Answer: - i, ii, iii are correct and iv is incorrect
35. The selection of a test approach should consider the context: -
i) The risk of Failure of the Project, hazards to the product and risks of product failure to humans
ii) Skills and experience of the people in the proposed technique, tools and methods
iii) The objective of the testing endeavour and the mission of the testing team.
iv) The size of the testing Team
Correct Answer: - i, ii, iii are true and iv is false.
36. In case of Large Systems: -
Correct Answer: - Testing should be on the basis of Risk
37. Provision and Management of a controlled library containing all the configurations items is called as
Correct Answer: - Configuration Control